Mary Mahoney Professional Nurses – Detroit
2023/2024 MMPN – Detroit Executive Officers
President: Carman Brandon
Vice President: Ayanna Walters
Recording Secretary: Olivian DeSouza
Corresponding Secretary: Rhonda Thomas
Treasurer: Barbara McKenzie – Westley
Financial Secretary: Denise Hytower
Chaplain: Shirley Johnson
Parliamentarian: Annette Gladney-Steele
MMPN is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that continues to provide scholarships to students pursuing careers in the profession of nursing. Additionally, MMPN supports various organizations to meet the healthcare needs of our diverse communities through outreach services, contributions, and volunteerism.
Mission & Goals
Our Mission: To preserve the memory of Mary Eliza Mahoney through education and mentoring, and through awarding scholarships to eligible students pursuing a career in the profession of nursing.
- To maintain the standards of the nursing profession through enhancing, empowering, and improving the quality of life for individuals.
- To promote higher education by the provision of scholarships for persons pursuing a minimum of an Associates Degree in nursing.
- To promote and create congenial fellowship among professional nurses.
- To develop a working relationship with other professional groups for the improvement and delivery of healthcare services.
- To support various charitable organizations through contributions and volunteerism.